If you're a dedicated gamer you're always looking for a good deal on games. Sure, you have all the game platforms installed like Steam, Epic, Origin, Blizzard, Bethesda and Uplay. But then then there are all these other websites that just sell game keys. Since they are not applications that you install you have to rely on ordinary website bookmarks. So you drag bookmarks to these sites to your desktop and they all look the same - a rediculously long SEO optimized title with the Chrome icon. It's ugly and it's difficult to select the right link just by looking at the icons.
So I visited a handfull of game key websites, downloaded and adjusted their icons and saved them as Windows desktop icon files. The icons are:
- All Key Shop
- CD Keys
- Game Billet
- GG Deals
- Green Man Gaming
- Humble Bundle
- Instant Gaming
- Software Codes
You can use these icons to get better looking bookmarks on your desktop. Here's how you do it:
- Download and extract the zip archive with the icons. Put the folder with the custom icons somewhere where you want to keep them long term, in your documents folder for example.
- Go to one of the web sites that you want to bookmark, for example G2A.com.
- Create a desktop bookmark by dragging the URL from the location bar to the desktop.
4. Rename the bookmark to something short and self explanatory.
5. Right click on the bookmark and select Properties. Select the tab "Web Document".
6. Click "Change Icon...".
7. Click the "Browse" button.
8. Go to the folder where you extracted the icon files. Select the icon you want for the link and click "Open".
9.You now have a selected custom icon in the bookmark propterties.
10. Just click the OK button twice to close both dialogs and you are done!
Important! If you move or delete the folder where the custom icons are, they will disappear from the bookmarks so make sure you put the folder with the custom icons in a place on your drive where they can stay.